Friday, January 16, 2009

*Sigh*

Am I the only one who is glad that it's the end of the week? Man, it has been a long one, for me at least. Mid-term studying panic, school, school, school, and more school. Did I forget to mention that I'm tired?
I am tired both spiritually and physically. Its hard to explain, but I sort of feel like God is hitting me, (or flooring me) with tons of stuff at once. Which has been cool in a way, because I am seeing His hand in a lot of stuff, but at the same time, I feel like yelling, "Okay, stop! Enough for now! Its all I can handle!" which I know is a complete contradiction of Scripture, but, hey, its how I feel. I was reading a devotional book the other day, and in it was a conversation that went something like this:
"Urgh! I can't take all of this junk!"
"Maybe God wants you on your knees."
"I've been there for the past two weeks."
"Maybe He doesn't want you to get up yet."

Ouch. I think I needed that.
And then yesturday, I was talking to my friend Ileana, and she was telling me how her friend said to her, "Honestly, we don't have any right to expect big things from God if we don't pray big."
Double ouch.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh girl...this sounds like me right now! i mean just about word for word. we'll make it through, just remember...if God brought you to it, he'll bring you through it! he didn't give you anything you can't handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i can totally relate. Great point!! ditto what chelsey said.....

    ReplyDelete