Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Christmas season really is a time for miracles...

I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer and miracles...but now even more so than ever before.


I am part of an online school, which is pretty cool. You can chat with all the other students, and one of my fellow students, Kenzie O. and I have become pretty close over these past few months. Tuesday morning, I was talking to her cousin, Sidney, who told me that Kenzie had been in a drunk driving accident, and was in a coma. At this point, I am freaking out. Like, seriously. Me and several other students who were good friends with Kenzie emailed our friends, families, teachers, etc. The response was incredible. If we attempted to count how many people were praying for that girl, we would've hit triple digits. I was amazed to see the Body of Christ bond together in prayer; we were all bound together as one.
Later that day, Kenzie started moving her fingers, but still hadn't woken up. The doctors didn't think she was going to make it.
The next day, I was chatting with Sidney for awhile, but Kenzie's condition hadn't changed. I went to go eat lunch, and ended up talking to my cousin Cassia. We had a nice talk and prayer time. She, like I was, was praying for Kenzie. So we had a little prayer time over the phone and hung up after awhile. After hanging up, I log on to my Facebook, and I see one of my friend's status' "Kenzie is awake!!" So, of course, I freak out, this time in a good way, and find out that Kenzie will be okay. She woke up, wanting to know if she had missed Christmas. Almost all of her ribs are broken, her spine and neck are messed up and her wrist is broken, but she has no memory loss or anything!
One thing stuck in my mind the whole time: God answers prayer. I knew that God would heal Kenzie, but what I didn't know is if He would heal her in the way I wanted Him to. But, He did! I was in shock when I heard that Kenzie was okay, but then I realized that I really shouldn't be. God is capable of doing anything; but we limit Him. Don't limit or under-estimate my Jesus!

1 comment: