Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Me and my weird interests...

So, for all of you that care to know, my latest interest is Irish folklore. Odd, I know...
I just love old legends...honestly, I love most of anything old fashioned...I love King Arthur stories and Shakespeare, and old fairy tales. Back when I was about 6 or 7, my favorite book was Saint George and the Dragon, and we own this really nice children's version with beautiful illustrations, and I would always ask my mom to read it to me, but it would come out as: "Mom, will you read Deda Dorge dede ded Dragon?" Yeaah, I couldn't say the title...but I loved the story :) To this day, I still have it, and I still read it occasionally.
Anywho, I love my book that I just bought at Barnes and Noble... Irish Faerie Tales.


"... I felt a peace steal over my soul, and yes, I felt the bruises in my heart. But to be bruised is to be human, to be coursing with blood. For bruises are caused by blood spilled under the skin. They are the tears that bleed inside..."
~Mary, Queen of Scots.



1 comment:

  1. I do, too! I mean I love fairy tales and old legends, too!

    ReplyDelete